Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Graham

A blast to December 11, 2008. On our way to the hospital! Giddy to meet our baby boy! Not so giddy anymore, but in pain! Hello contractions...all worth it though, to get our prize. =)

Graham Heston Hubert! Born at 6:07 pm, 8 lbs 10 oz, 20 inch long. True love...

December 11, 2009 Happy 1st birthday baby!



My baby is 2!!! Ready for a day of fun! (This is a pic from my phone, but we have LOTS of other pictures to post from the birthday weekend. Adam just bought a nice new Nikon camera but we have not figured out how to get the pics off the camera and onto the computer...Soon though!)


Graham's 2nd birthday fun began on Dec. 8th when Gigi and Gpa took Graham to Barney's Birthday Bash Live at the Centre. My parents said he was in a "Barney trance" of awe the whole time. Then Friday he opened birthday presents from my parents and we went out to dinner. Saturday morning (Graham's actual birthday) we opened up presents, headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, went to Tri-State to visit with Santa and eat some more, home for a family nap, back out to attend Christmas at Crossroads concert, then Gatti Town with the grandparents! PHEW! Can you tell I'm not on bedrest anymore? Then Sunday we spent the day getting our house ready for Graham's birthday party that night! It was a crazy day of weather and snow!!! Most of our party guests braved the weather and came out to celebrate. Graham was in heaven! We had a firetruck theme (which he picked) and he loved all the attention. I drove Adam crazy all day, but the party was a success! Needless to say...today I felt like I could have slept the day away. Luckily, my good two year old was happy to have a jammie day at home with all of his new toys. I think we have had at least 10 "concerts" today with his new drum, courtesy of Mimi and Pop. =)

Could I love Graham Hubert anymore than I do? Not possible! Does his Daddy think he is the greatest thing to ever walk the planet? YES! He really brings out a whole new level of love I didn't know existed! Being his Mom is something I will always treasure. He will always be my baby. Always. As I think about how our lives are going to change in a few days or weeks with the birth of twins, I sometimes get really sad. Sad, just thinking that this special one-on-one time with Graham will be over most days. BUT-SO excited to meet these 2 new people that will change my heart and life again! You just can't imagine how much you will love your children until you meet then. Then it's all over... =)

Graham- you truly hold Mommy's heart! I love you, I love you, I love you! You are my favorite 2 year old in the world! I can't wait to watch you transform into the most amazing big brother. I can already tell you love baby brother and baby sister. Today, while eating lunch, you told me that if baby brother and sister were crying you would give them a "sassy". Your favorite thing in the world! You are sweet already big brother.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So sweet! It sure seems like he "grew up" REALLY fast! I am sure he is going to take his new role in stride and be a great big brother!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Graham! I love that he said he'd give them his Sassy! How stinkin' cute! Isn't it amazing how quickly they are growing!!!!? Slow down!!