Friday, December 10, 2010

35 weeks

35 weeks and growing! Man! My stomach is so unbelievably big. Just had to say that...

I had my last dr appt on Wednesday and we headed to ultrasound first. Adam didn't have a patient during that hour so he got to come with me since it will most likely be the last ultrasound at the office. I was anxious to see if baby boy would still be head down or not. Well, he is still head down and so is his sister. Their heads were so low that the ultrasound tech eventually just had to guesstimate their head size. They both had their heads shoved way down in my left hip. It's always amazing to see where they have moved to. I'm always guessing who is kicking me and with what body part. The tech was amazed at how big they were and how much baby I actually had inside. Both babies still had hair floating around! They checked out beautifully though- plenty of fluid, good breathing motions, swallowing, heart, kidneys...everything was great! We just have never been able to get good quality pics of their faces. They are always hiding. I guess they both want to be a surprise! Since she had to sort of guess at their measurements, we are thinking they are both in the 5-5 1/2 pd range. Dr. Ramsey would love for them to both reach 6 pds. We talked a lot at my appt this time about logistics of the labor process with twins. She really wants me to try and deliver vaginally since both are head down (and I agree!). I'm very happy about this and pray that I'll be able to. I did it before and was SO proud of myself! I want the "high" feeling of "I did it" x2! I will labor in my normal hospital room, but when it's time to push they will move me to an operating room just in case of an emergency c section for one or both. She called it a dual set-up- ready for both scenarios. I asked if I should wait until contractions are 3-5 min apart and she said, "NO!". Come in as soon as I think I am in labor since I'm considered "high risk". So, no calm baths at home and movie watching- it'll all be done at the hospital. I remember going into labor with Graham like it was yesterday- we'll see how this compares. I was GIDDY with excitement when I went into labor the first time. It's strange that 2 years ago, I was VERY pregnant and waiting to go into labor and then that night, I did! I don't expect to go into labor tonight, but it would be quite ironic, wouldn't it? I'm having so many uncomfortable Braxton Hicks that I never know if it's a real one or not. Obviously, they aren't real ones yet. It was so clear to me when I went into labor with Graham- I hope it's clear again this time! I've been very uncomfortable, to say the least. Two sets of feet are literally IN MY RIGHT RIB. I can push them out, but then they just go right back. Can't wait to kiss those feet...

I'm determined to succeed at breastfeeding both twins, but I know that not all babies are eating champs like Graham was, so we will just see. I start to laugh whenever I think about the logistics of nursing 2 babies at the same time. Pretty sure it's going to be a 2 person job for quite some time. I think we are ready??? But who knows...I'm sure I'm naive about how it's really going to be with twins...but that's ok! I couldn't be in a better situation with support and help. If you know me and you live in Evansville...be prepared for the "HELP ME" phone call that might come your way soon!

Yesterday I had random energy and wanted to clean...? Nesting? Oh, and I think we finally decided on a girl name last night. We'll see if it sticks! We both were liking the same name for a few days and so Adam decided to "call" it. I still reserve the right to switch at the last minute if she really looks like the other name, but I think we are set. =) Their names are pretty darn cute...can't wait to share them!!!

Sorry for the long post...just wanted to jot down my thoughts for myself while I have the time! =)

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I am so excited to meet the newest Huberts! You are AMAZING, Sarah!