Wednesday, December 15, 2010

36 weeks and ready.

Getting your cervix checked should be against the law. Definitely on my list of top 10 HATED things in my life.
According to my calculations, I am 36 weeks today! Last night, I truly thought that we were headed to the hospital. At 10:00ish I started having some painful contractions and I timed them for an hour or two. They were 7-8 min apart for about an hour and then were a little more sporadic. At 11:45, I told Adam we should just try and sleep and if they were real contractions, then I wouldn't be able to sleep. Well, I slept in spurts and figured it was a false alarm since they weren't getting any worse. JUST ANNOYING BRAXTON HICKS. I never really had those until the night before I went into labor with Graham. Not a fan of them. So, at the dr appt today we found out I'm 2 cm and 70% effaced, so at least the contractions are starting to do a little work. Baby girl's head COULD NOT get any lower. Dr. Ramsey thinks she should come out fairly easily since she is already as far down as she can be. Her head is like a cork on my cervix, so most likely no huge "water breaking" moment, possibly a trickle if that.
So, we wait. I waddle. I get stared at. I still get to shock people with the answer, "No, we are having a boy AND a girl." I like to tell people that and watch their face go from "dang, she's huge, to Ohhhh I get it!". I bought Graham a big brother shirt today at the hospital.
Now, we wait! Christmas babies are becoming a larger reality as each day passes!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I wish I could see you - I bet you look awesome. Post an updated pic. It will be here SOOOO soon. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy babies!!

Krista said...

Can't wait to see the babies!! Praying for you!