Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Spring Break" 15 weeks


Well, my Mom came out to visit for a whole week and what a treat it was! We went shopping, ate LOTS of yummy food, drank our sugar-free iced vanilla coffees from McDonalds, ran errands, took naps, snuggled Graham, and sat around and watched old movies like "One Fine Day" and "Hope Floats". Most of the spring breaks in my life have been spent in Panama City Beach, FL but this was one of the best ones because of a new little person added to the week. =) My mom reminded me of how wonderful my life is right now when she said that this was one of the most relaxing weeks she's had in a long time. I realized that the spring break she was having was my daily life here in NC with Graham! There is something about spending time with a sweet baby each day that brings peace and consistency and lots of love into your life. A full day with a baby is a rewarding treat and I love it! Now my typical days are certainly not filled with shopping and movies, but rather cleaning and laundry, but time with my Graham never changes and he is always there with the best smiles.
It was strange to not have a "spring break" like I typically did as a teacher, but I'm realizing that this time of my life is one I would not trade for any other spring break in my life. Spring is my favorite season. Ahhhh....

This is his "latest and greatest" cute pose! I call him the Baby Walrus when he sucks on both his pointer fingers. So cute!

Graham's favorite "night-night" book...thank you Gigi! It plays music and lights up!


Is there anything more squishy or wonderful than a naked baby???

Thank you for a wonderful visit Gigi! We miss you already!

No comments: