Thursday, July 2, 2009

Greetings from Evansville!

Don't worry...we are alive and well! WHEW is all I have to say about the past 2 weeks of moving from Durham NC to Evansville IN! It feels SO good to have a house (even one without couches) and we love our neighborhood. I think God has this house picked out special for us- we have some great neighbors and tons of super cute little kids. Adam already broke out the light saber last night and now he's the coolest "dad" on the block. I can't even begin to tell you everything that went on the past 2 weeks so here is my best at a run down:
: on Saturday June 2oth Graham and I flew to IN and Adam and our fathers drove the cars and truck. We were emotionally and physically spent by the time we flopped into bed.
: on Sun the 21st (father's day!) we unloaded the truck and sweat like little pigs in the Indiana humidity. It was a week of sweating, really. =)
:Then we spent the next 3 days painting our place and slowly unpacking. We stayed at my parents house for about 5 nights and we were so glad to be able to escape to a clean bed.
:Bought furniture, returned furniture, bought mattress, switched out mattress...and the list goes on!
:On June 25th we finally spent the first night in our new house! It was exciting to wake up for the first time in our new house on our 5 year wedding anniversary! It wasn't the most elaborate anniversary, but exciting still the same as we begin our lives here again. The Huberts babysat Graham and Adam and I enjoyed some good old G.D. Ritzy's and a movie. Fun, fun! We forgot what it was like to go on a date. More of those to come, for sure. =)
: It's so much work moving into a home but so much more fun than an apt! I LOVE MY GARAGE. We have it cleaned up enough to fit my car in it. A Garage is a luxury I hope I never take for granted. =) Kittygirl is adjusting nicely to the home and I think she likes having stairs to run up and down.
: I have been HORRIBLE about taking pictures and promise to be better. We had to find our camera cord to upload pics on our computer and our memory card was full. Grrr. So...I wish I had pics of us moving and unpacking, but I slacked. So here are a few to enjoy until I get myself back together!
:We've had fun family dinners, a good time
:We are off to spend the 4th with the Hubert family at Barkley Lake. Fun times!!!!

(I miss you friends and family in NC!!!)

Graham helping me pack.
Moving day! Goodbye to Graham's first home at Bridges at Southpoint. Good memories there... =)
Hard working Daddy.
Officially done with the AEGD program at UNC! Look out Eville patients- here he comes!
Our wonderful NC small group!
Adam found a new purpose for the high chair cover...
Future musician =)
Fun on the boat with Gigi and Grandpa!
Not quite a fan of the life jacket.



Pics of our new home to follow!!!

3 comments:

smchurchie said...

So glad you made it safe and are enjoying your new house! :) Exciting times!! <3

Lindsay said...

So glad the move went well and you're getting settled! Welcome back to Indiana!

Courtney said...

I am so happy to hear ya'll made it and are getting settled in.