Monday, May 4, 2009

Come on #2!

Never thought we'd have this issue in this family...but Graham seems to be constipated! We started rice cereal one week ago and it has actually been going very well. He's not a raving fan of it, but most of it does end up going down the hatch! It was funny to watch Adam feed him- it's a learned skill that takes some practice. Graham wants to "help" hold the spoon and it ends up everywhere. Graham is usually a great pooper (we are so proud). But this weekend I kept waiting for a big explosion and nothing came! He hasn't pooped since Thursday so I called the pediatrician and they said to give him a little prune juice and that will do the trick. Well, Graham did NOT like the prune juice, so I used his vitamin dropper to make him drink a little bit of it. We'll see what happens! Pray for poop! =)

3 comments:

Erin said...

we had the same problem about that age! she went so long w/o going. i gave her prune juice too b/c the doc told me too, but be careful b/c i gave it to her like 2 days in a row and she got sick - spitting it all up. yuck! all over the place. AND it did not make her poopy. but maybe it will for graham. we did end up having to use a little glycerin suppository. if you get to that stage, call me if you wanna. i bet he'll be a champ and work right through it. OH, ALSO, you may think this is weird, but massage his feet. Those are good points for digestion and we massage hope's feet every night the arches and balls and heels with some lotion. she loves it - and i think it helps!

Andrea said...

when i saw this title I thought, "are they having another?" haha! then I click over here and it's about poo! too funny!!

The Liller Family said...

Don't stress my friend - the longest one of my kids went without going #2 was 18 days. The breastfeeding support group told me it was normal for a breastfed baby, that he just literally had nothing to waste. And they were right, when he did poop - it was normal (not hard and blocked-looking). So I'm assuming you're still breastfeeding - if not, then yes, try the prune juice and the glycerin suppositories if need be (we've done all that too). Good luck, I'll be prayin' for pooh - haha!