Sunday, June 24, 2012

Growing, moving, celebrating

On April 5th, I woke up starving.  I ate leftover barbeque pork and mac and cheese at 9:00am. I knew something was up.  After running errands, I made a quick stop by the dollar store on the way home to buy a little test to rule out what I thought couldn't possibly be the reason why I was so hungry.  I put the kids down for their afternoon nap and went to take the pregnancy test.  Less than 2 seconds after I peed on that stick the test line came back positive...before the control line even popped up!  I WAS SHOCKED.  I started crying.  We thought we were done having children at least for a few years, if not for good.  We sold all of our baby stuff at a garage sale in early March!  Adam and I didn't think we could get pregnant on our own.  Graham and the twins were both conceived with the help of medicine to make me produce mature eggs.  Well, I guess the twins jumpstarted my system back into gear!  SURPRISE!  I had NO idea how far along I was.  I had my yearly exam scheduled for that next week to renew my birth control.  Ironic, eh?  I quickly switched that appt to an OB appt. Long story short...my HCG numbers were high and we thought that maybe I was pregnant with twins again.  Turns out I was just further along than we had thought.  PHEW.  =) 
So, on April 6th we moved into our new home with 4 bedrooms. Everyone kept commenting on how nice it will be to have a guest room, and in my head I kept repeating "baby room".  Whoa.  I couldn't believe it still.  The move got overshadowed with my preoccupation with being pregnant.  I didn't take one picture! I regret that!!!  It was a long day with lots of help from friends and family. 

Two days later we celebrated Easter.  It was a great day! 
 Sleepy eyed Graham, ready for the Easter egg hunt.
 Loey and Tucker weren't exactly sure what to do with the eggs and baskets, but caught on after a few minutes.




 Checking out their loot!
Pop and Tucker.  Doesn't Tucker look like a used car salesman?!   

 Our family of five (with a bean inside!) Nobody knew we were pregnant yet...
What will our family picture look like next Easter?  Will we have a brood of sons or two girls and two boys?  Time will tell! Only God knows and I have full confidence in His plan for our family.  I am relying on Him to give me the strength to be a stay at home Mom to four children under the age of four.  Being a kindergarten teacher was just training for my own family! 

Dear God, could this child one of those laid back children I've heard about??? =) 

No comments: