Thursday, March 15, 2012

Alive and Well!

OH. MY. WORD.  Considering my last blog post was in JANUARY, I guess you could say we've been pretty busy the past few months.   Here are just a few pics to prove that my children were alive in January and February!!!
 
 Loey and Tucker are getting SO big and SO much fun!  I admit that the first year of life for the twins was a year of complete survival for me.  To be very real...It was the hardest year of my life so far, but oh so worth the work!  Now I have two adorable, very different, toddlers who keep me hopping.  Not to mention a very grown up, three year old who tests me daily!!! 
 When Graham is gone, the babies enjoy a few moments with the "big boy" toys!  We have had a lot of trouble with Graham being willing to share his things with the babies lately.  Poor Graham did has his world rocked by the twins, and I know he loves them, but sometimes he can be pretty rough and angry.  We are working on learning how to play with the babies and not antagonize them.  Having a 3 year old and 2 one year olds brings many challenges! 
 Here you go Mama!  Loey is a collector.  She loves to find 2 or 3 items that go together and carry them around for a while.  For instance, she wanted to carry 2 K-cups (for the Keurig machine) while we ran errands the other day.  So funny. 
 Loey's cute attempt at peek a boo on her own. =)  Loey is a growing girl!  So solid and built like Graham.  She's a strong girl and oh, so flexible! 

Tucker doing his typical hair pull!  At least he doesn't have any food in his hand this time.  =)  Tucker is still very lean and light.  His body build is completely opposite of Loey!  They couldn't be more different physically or in personality.  He is such a "boy".  He is quiet and mostly easy going. He's the one playing by himself and examining each item in the trashcan after tp-ing the bathroom with the toilet paper roll. Tucker seems to be very smart and mechanical!  He is a thinker and is very good at figuring out how to work things.  He wants to be an adult.  He LOVES utensils, brushes, anything that has a purpose.  He works hard until he accomplishes whatever he wants to do. 


Loey began to take her first steps in early February!  13 months old

 Graham "helping" Loey take steps.  =)

 So much fun!  Walking has made Loey so much happier!  She loves freedom!  People always ask me if it's been easier or harder having them be walkers now. I LOVE IT!  Just think about getting 3 kids to the car...Now I can say, "Come on babies!  Follow me!"  Beautiful.  =) 

Below are our Valentine's Day pics.  Let's just say Valentine's Day didn't work out exactly as I had pictured in my mind.

Nice...quiet evening in the dining room with china, a candle, a table cloth and wine glasses for our juice!
We got off on the wrong foot. Babies were SO hungry and crying as I rushed to get the food on the table while still hot.  Graham ate his heart jello before I could get a picture and preceded to drop it. 

Graham did ok drinking from the wine glass, but Adam was a little skeptical of my choices.  Hey, we NEVER use our china!


Oh Loey...it's not fancy to spit your food everywhere sweetheart. 

It's also not fancy of Tucker to pull the table cloth and scoot the green beans close to the candle and being to melt the nylon spoon. It wasn't too great when I then grabbed the melting plastic spoon and it adhered itself to my skin!  OUCH!  Not a happy moment. 

Smart parents would have blown out the candle.  We are not smart.  Tucker pulls the table cloth AGAIN and this time the handle of the spoon catches on FIRE!  I start yelling and Adam and I blow it out while Adam runs the spoon to the door and chucks it out our front door.  HAHAHAHAHA 

 Evidence of the spoon..you can't seem the melted part, but there is a bit missing from the top that was attached to my poor finger. 
Happy Valentine's Day!  ;)  Romance at it's finest with the Hubert Five!

 

No comments: