Thursday, November 11, 2010

Preggo Update

Last Tuesday, I had my regular ob appt and ultrasound to check the babies' growth and my cervix. The babies were growing beautifully! Baby girl was 3 pds 4 oz and baby boy was 3 pds 3 oz, 54th and 52nd percentile. She said they were growing just like 2 single babies would be growing in there. I wasn't too surprised at their size, since I had seen my own belly growing signficantly lately. It was amazing to think though, that at only 30 weeks of pregnancy I already had 6 1/2 pds of children inside of me...plus all of the extra stuff too! No wonder I'm the waddle queen already. =) So that was the good news!
The bad news was that my cervix had shortened to 3.1 cm and when I bear down it shortened to 2.5. I knew the magic number of 2.5 being what she had told me would require bedrest, so I nervously waited to see the dr. She wanted to see me the very next day to do a fetal fibronectin test. This is the "glue" that helps bond your baby inside your uterus and shouldn't be seen in your fluid until after 35 weeks. If the test was negative then that would mean I had a 95% chance of NOT going into labor in the next 2 weeks. If it was positive, she was going to stick me in the hospital overnight to monitor me and my contractions and possibly do some steriods to stop them. Thank you, Lord, that the test was negative! No hospital stay for me! So let the rest begin. I'm definitely resting as much as possible, but I do have this little person in my life named Graham that keeps 100% resting impossible. I feel guilty with the amount of TV this child is getting to watch, but I know it's just for a season.
Yesterday I had my cervix checked again and it had shortened a little bit more- 2.9 and 2.5 when I bear down. She told me these next 3 weeks are imperative that I rest as much as possible that I can for sure make it past 34 weeks. I'm very aware of the contractions that are happening if I am up too much. Adam has been super supportive of me resting and he has taken over pretty much every job around here. I do what I can, but that's not too much! I remember when moms of twins warned me about the last few months being difficult, and now I understand! What a huge physical job to undertake! I'm so worn out but, grateful for each day they are in my belly. I don't want to wish away my alone time with my sweet Graham, but I'm getting more and more ready to meet these TWO babies!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hang in there, Sarah! You are doing a great job!! Don't let the mommy guilt over TV get to you! It's just a season. :) Keep on resting!! I'll be praying for these next few critical weeks!

pandjalexander said...

Wow lady!! You are one impressive momma! No worries about the TV. No harm done, and I'm sure your little man just enjoys spending time with you. Besides, you have to take care of those two little babies. We'll be praying for you the next couple weeks. Let your hubby help you out! I'm so glad he's been so helpful for you already. Keep us updated.