Monday, April 19, 2010

challenges and joys


Wearing his Air Force shirt!


"Graham, wear is the falcon?" He likes to point out whatever is on his shirt. He can "caw caw" like a falcon too!

Daddy and Graham. Buddies for life!!!

Just needed to say my son is entering a whole new phase of crazy-man!!! I knew it was coming and I know I have about 1o more crazy-man levels to reach before he enters school at some point. haha He is just turning into this ball of energy and wearing me out at times. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but just needed to document that 16 months is a doozy! I think this post is occuring during teething time as well and teeth have always made Graham a little on the sensitive/frustrated side. As I look over at him now, he is trying to sit in his old bumbo seat with a pastry brush. Finally gave up and is now trying to put shorts on his head. He is very much into trying to dress himself, which he is not capable of yet. A few things that have driven me a little bonkers:
-shaking the tub with sprinkles (for decorating) and they came open! Yellow sprinkles are still hiding in places in the kitchen.

-He found yellow food coloring and decided to try and eat the lid off. He succeeded and turned his mouth, hands, knees, and ankles yellow. Wish I had the mind frame to take a picture, but I was cooking for a friend and running late, so it wasn't funny at the moment. Now it's funny. =) Still has yellow fingernails a few days later.

-Opened the package with 10 soap bars and opened up each individual package. Now they are all in a ziploc bag and he is determined to slide it open!

Graham has been saying "Mama" and "Mom" for a while now, but now he is beginning to add "Mommy" to the list, and that ones my favorite! He is learning that when he says my name he gets my attention quickly, so he is saying Mama, Mommy, all day long! I like this one!!!
When he is thankful for blueberries or cookies he says thank you in sign language. I love that he is communicating with me. He just fell down and did a little "fake" cry so I would come and get him. I asked him if cookies would make him feel better and he giggled. =) He wanted to go eat them in his special chair but remembered to turn around and say thank you.
He loves to pray before every meal and remembers to tell us to pray before we are all even sitting down at the table!





He knows pretty much every body part that you typically name and loves to point them out on other people. (Don't worry- he doesn't point out certain specific, private body parts on other people. =) )






No comments: