Sunday, October 7, 2012

Twinsies!

"Two to Love"

There's two to wash, there's two to dry,
There's two who argue, there's two who cry.
One's in the mud having a ball,
The other holds a crayon, another marked wall.
Some days seem endless, my patience grows thin.
Why was I chosen to be a mother of twins?
The answer comes clear at the end of the day,
As I tuck them in bed and to myself I say,
There's two to kiss, there's two to hug,
And best of all, there's two to love.
-Lenore Johnson
 
Thank you God for my twins!









 
Having twins has been such a ride!  There are many things about twins that are just plain difficult, but they are so many wonderful things too!  They truly are buddies.  They hardly ever cry when we leave them at church or Mother's Morning Out...why would they?  They get to stay with their best friend.  They share a room, they share drinks, snacks, and books.  They fight over toys but they really do love each other.  I just love when they do "twinsie" things, like lay on the floor together or chase each other around the room and end up giggling on the floor after wrestling.  Whenever we drop Graham off at preschool, they run back to the van together and climb in the two back car seats next to one another.  They ask about each other when the other one is still napping and readily give hugs and kisses to the other one.  I love watching their bond grow!  I'm interested to see how life plays out for them and their relationship.  They are SO different in personality.  Will they be in the same friend group in high school?  Will they always look out for one another?  I pray they will always be the first one to encourage or uplift the other one.  Buddies for life.  =) 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love this. They are so precious!!!! What an awesome bond they will always share!