Monday, January 26, 2009

Where have 6 weeks gone???

MAMMOTH BABY!!! So Friday morning Graham and I went to the dr and he is 12 pounds!!! I can't believe my 6 week old baby is already 12 pounds. I was going to guess somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds..but 12??? I'm glad that he's just doing so well though- I don't need to worry if that boy is getting enough food! The pot belly is coming out and even little wrist rolls. You know you have a little extra chunk if your WRISTS are responding!


Graham is really becoming more active and SMILEY! For some reason when he lays on the diaper changing table he just smiles and smiles. I think it's the perfect height for him to see our faces. His happiest times are in the morning after he feeds and then around 5:30 after he feeds. The magic equation: food+clean diaper+Mommy/Daddy's full attention=Happy Boy!


We've also had fun skyping with the grandparents! If anyone has a webcam and wants to skype sometime, just say the word!

Yesterday Graham had his nastiest diaper to date! Adam called me in to show off Graham's handy work. Let's say I did a little gagging and usually a little poop from my son doesn't even phase me. It was immediately bath time which he is liking once he is in the water and not naked and cold!

We are getting into a pretty good pattern and I can happily say he's sleeping a consistent 5-6 hours a night now! We are waking up 2x to feed but it's so much better and easier for him to fall asleep. He can soothe himself back to sleep now that we've been working on that! I think I'm also so tired that I fall back asleep much better than at first.


Last, but not least...the first "baby", sweet Kittygirl! =) Haha. She's been SO good with Graham and I think she finally knows that when I say"baby" that I'm not referring to her. Kittygirl still has a first love though...YOGURT!

4 comments:

pandjalexander said...

Sarah,
I just recently found your blog and am having fun catching up and looking at pictures of your little guy. My husband, Philip, and I are expecting our first in August, and it's fun to see what we have to look forward to. :)

Jen (Klaver) Alexander--TU

The Mann Clan said...

Sarah, Graham is so absolutely deliciously GORGEOUS! I love all the pics and reading what you guys are up to. I don't think there's a greater joy than being a mommy. I'm so glad you're loving it so much. And kudos for getting such a nice sleeping pattern going this early. Believe me, Addison could have learned some things from Graham. But that's okay, I didn't mind being up with her. I knew it would pass oh so quickly. I do love to sleep but I miss those night feedings and sleeping together. Work is so very difficult... I'm very happy that you're able to be home and take it all in. Take care, dear.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh he's getting so big! :) YEAH!!! Hope was 11 lbs 8 oz at her 2 mo, so Graham's a big boy. But, boys are usually bigger. Now she's a whopping 16 lbs and is 4 1/2 mo old and has BLOWN through her 3 month and most of her 3-6 mo clothes! That's insane! I have skype, but does it cost money? I just downloaded it. I would LOVE to chat some day!

lori said...

Yay! It sounds like things are settling down into a nice routine! I wish we could see him each week like we see Madeline and Gavin at LG 33 EVERY Monday... we may have to skype when we are at the Rockwood's! We miss you guys...
Love,
Lori